Community for Racial Healing- A monthly facilitated discussion - final session
Time & Location
About The Event
An eight month workshop on what is means to be white, anglo or euro-identified in racial reconciliation efforts in Taos.
Facilitator: Maija West [Via live video conference]
Workshop host: Megan White [In person]
Space hosts: Jana and Mickey
Suggested donation: $15/session [Via PayPal paypal.me/HealingRInstitute or in person]
Individual workshop sessions are from 9-10 am, one Friday a month, from January through August. *Dates listed below
This workshop is open to all members of the community. Attendance is strongly recommended for those who would like to support the long-term success of the Project, but do not have any previous background or education on these topics. A list of workshop topics is listed below.
We ask that attendees make a commitment to attend all of the sessions, after the initial introductory session.
Preregistration is required, due to occupancy limits.
All collected donations will go towards providing free healing sessions and workshops for members of Taos' historically harmed communities, at the Second Annual Healing Weekend in October 2019.
Workshop topics and schedule:
1. Intro The braid of the integrated self- an approach to leadership and citizenship [January 25]
[Including resources on the rich cultural history of Taos]
2. Reconciliation as community forgiveness [February 15]
3. Apologies- a new definition in the context of reconciliation [March 15]
4. How does neuroscience impact healing? [April 5]
5. Epigenetics and the source of joy [May 10]
6. The inherited identity of whiteness [June 14]
7. What does it really mean to be an ally? [July 12]
8. A five year vision for transforming yourself and your community [August 9]
The Taos Healing and Reconciliation Project is a group of local individuals, non-profits and businesses.
Key local planners include Anita Rodriguez, Daniel Escalante, Henrietta Gomez, Linda Yardley, Dr. Gina Perez-Baron, Mirabai Starr, Peggy Nelson, Katia Torelli-Delgado, and Jose Gonzales.
This workshop is one of many activities hosted by the Healing and Reconciliation Institute, a 501c3 pending non profit. For more information, visit healingreconciliationinstitute.org.