Introduction to the Community for Racial Healing
Time & Location
About The Event
Registration coming soon!
Healing and Reconciliation as a Conflict Resolution Model:
Sometimes we find ourselves in present day challenges or conflicts, where the professional or life skills we have access to do don’t feel adequate in resolving the issue. The healing and reconciliation framework provides attendees with a set of tools to address the deeper, historical context of the present day challenge or conflict, especially in culturally or ethnically diverse spaces. Attendees to our trainings are community leaders, students, members of non-profit organizations, executives and entrepreneurs, and board members.
his three-hour introductory workshop will preview an abridged version of the full Community for Racial Healing and will focus on the individual and family practices and principles that are the foundations of the full curriculum.
Topics included in the full curriculum:
1. Intro- the braid of the integrated self- an approach to leadership and conflict resolution
2. Reconciliation as community forgiveness
3. Apologies through actions- a new definition in the context of reconciliation
4. How does neuroscience impact healing and conflict resolution?
5. Epigenetics and its applicability to perceived conflict
6. Inherited identity and inherited institutions
7.Your toolbox for the reconciliation framework
8. A five year vision for transforming yourself and your community/organization
Facilitators: Megan White, Brianna Bellamy, Maija West, and Daniel Escalante